Short Essay On My Aim In Life To Become A Engineer
The objectives of the Foundation are to:
- To encourage New Zealand school leavers into tertiary education in engineering and technology.
- To educate New Zealanders on the role of technology and engineering in sustainable economic, environmental and social development.
- To educate New Zealanders on significant engineering and technological achievements that form part of New Zealand’s national heritage.
- To further, in New Zealand, the development and practical application of scientific knowledge in engineering or technology for the wider public good.
- To assist, in New Zealand, Members suffering hardship due to physical or mental sickness, disability or incapacity to participate in education or rehabilitation programmes that enable them to resume a career.
- To promote the relief of poverty, in New Zealand, among Members or their dependents arising from age, physical or mental sickness, disability or incapacity or death of the Member concerned.
The Foundation relies on the generosity of members and people who make donations or bequests.
All donations to the Foundation are appreciated no matter how big or small. Any donations over $5.00 are tax deductible.
A Successful Engineer Essay
1252 Words6 Pages
Obstacles had never been obstructing my effort to succeed in life. As an engineer to be, it is important to me to be prepared for the hurdles in the real world. The world nowadays needs a person who could compete and has great abilities to stand on the same level as others. Multiple skills and critical opinion of an issue are essential for an engineer to jump into this challenging career. For me, a strategic planning and full preparation need to achieve the aim of being an expert engineer.
To accomplish my goal, it is very vital to reflect myself and make an action in increasing my effectiveness and reaching my potential. 4000 miles away from hometown are a sacrifice that I had made not just for a degree but more than that. Being an…show more content…
Besides, I have the problem to find the key points and important facts during the lectures, and I am wasting my time writing down the points which not necessary. I cannot see the overall concept which the lectures try to deliver and the important ideas. I don’t want this to be a problem for me anymore as it may affect my study and my concentration during lecture time. So I make a step to seek and think what the main concept is, and I try relating all the ideas of the course so that I can see clearly the overall picture and understand the topics that I learn. I also read the notes and make an effort to understand the lesson that will teach before going to the lecture. This helps me to give the overall idea of new topic that I will learn.
Time management is the key thing of successful. I am not good in managing time because I don’t organize my study time carefully and not use my time wisely during work. I always leave everything until the last minute, and sometimes I do unimportant things like playing games, surfing internet and watching movie, but actually I know there a lot of work to finish off. I get to the bottom of this crisis and try to systematize my study and set up my work. I make a schedule of revision, and I put a date where I need to complete the schoolwork. I also make a small target, for example, I want to understand the concept of heat transfer by the end of this week, and I have to achieve it no matter what. I