Unemployment Of India Essay
Unemployment in India
Unemployment is a serious problem of India. It is becoming more and more serious day by day. India has the population of about 1.20 billion. Many of the Indians are jobless. The problem of unemployment is rising fast. Every able bodied man and woman must get employment. If not, the problem of unemployment will create difficulties for the development of the country.
Many age-old businesses that are not able to cope-up with the changing demand and economic scenario are either closed down or heavy retrenchment takes place in them. When there is slump in business, many people find themselves without jobs.
Though a number of young men have been absorbed in the Information Technology businesses, a large number of youth people are still unemployed.
Check on population growth
First of all, we must check the fast rising population of India. We cannot create jobs for all if the rate of population growth is not slowed down.
Family Planning schemes should be made popular. People should be educated about the importance of a small family. This will help us solve the problem of unemployment.
Defective education system
The education system of our country should be made need-based. At present, every man and woman wants a job in offices. Our education makes a student bookish. Schools and colleges are like factories. They produce B.A.s, M.A.s and Ph.D.s. Even agriculture graduates want office jobs in town. So the education of our country should be job-oriented. It must make our students self-dependent.
Change in attitude needed
A change in the mental attitude of our boys and girls is necessary. As many of them are service-minded, they do not want to take risks. They do not like to start business or small-scale industries. They should not depend on the government for everything. It is not possible for any government to give jobs to all. A desire for doing something of one’s own may solve, to some extent, the problem of unemployment for both the educated and uneducated people.
Solution and Conclusion
In brief, we have to solve the problem of unemployment on a war footing. For this both long and short measures should be taken in India.
- Population growth has to be checked.
- Family planning should be made productive.
- Each one should give financial help to the unemployed to set up some industries or start some business.
- People should be encouraged to go for skill based education.
- Government should promote the establishment of industries by Private sector.
Thus the problem of unemployment may be solved.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles
Unemployment is one of the major crises in India which is affecting several people residing here especially to the youth generation. This major problem needs full attention of government along with citizens of country in equal manner so that we can prevent or end this issue completely from our country. In this section, we have given detailed information about this social problem of unemployment in India with causes, impacts and solutions in the form of essays with different words count. Five essays are given here which are divided in two categories “Long essay on Unemployment” and “Short Essay on Unemployment”.
Short Essay on Unemployment
In this category, three essays are given with 100, 200 and 300 words count. All the essays are in simple and easy language with brief description on Unemployment in India.
Unemployment Essay 1 (100 words)
Many social issues have been raising head in our country in which unemployment is one of the major issues of concern among them. The person who is searching for a job according to his or her qualification and requirement but does not able to find it then he or she will come in category of unemployed person. Crisis of unemployment exists in India due to the increased population and less number of job vacancies, people are more and jobs are less in India. Several sectors have limited seats for hiring people like manufacturing plants and IT companies including government sectors too. Unemployment has been the biggest reason for other major issues in India like poverty, financial crises, increased crime and non development of society.
Unemployment Essay 2 (200 words)
Now a day, in India unemployment is believed as biggest curse for youths, who are well educated and high degree holder but still could not get success in finding a suitable job for themselves. India is the underdeveloped country and trying to overcome various social issues existed here since many years, unemployment is one of them and is still becoming the reason for non development of nation.
Increased population, recession in individual business sector, less number of jobs, corruption and competition among youths are the main reason of unemployment. The inferiority feeling due to unemployment affects the person and his family completely by physical and mental level and forces them to take wrong decisions about themselves. Sometime, the financial crisis due to unemployment triggers victim people to commit suicide. Issue of unemployment affects especially those youth population of country who has completed their education from higher education colleges or institutes after spending a huge amount of money but could not be able to get a suitable job for them.
Though rate of unemployment has been decreased in recent years but still demands a special attention by government of India in manner to provide more jobs for deserving and aspiring people. Control in population, development of rural areas, and by promoting youths to make career in various non famous sectors including agricultural, we can get success in removing the problem of unemployment from our country.
Unemployment Essay 3 (300words)
Unemployment is the situation of those people who are willing to do a job but could not be able to get it according to their requirement and qualifications. Many people mostly youth population are facing this problem since many years in India as increased population stands the situation of competition all around. Mostly people are attracted towards the same profession which has limited availability of employment thus the situation of unemployment arise. Lack of interest of people towards agricultural and industrial sectors lead the situation of unemployment. People who are suffering from the crisis of unemployment have to face various problems like physical and mental harassment and depression, social abuse, forced to choose or accept the wrong way of getting money in form of crime and violence, or sometime the hazardous results come in the form of suicide commitment by people due to being unemployed.
Solutions can be find out for handling this major problem of unemployment in India by doing some kind of efforts through government and the responsible citizens of India. Development of education system should be in such manner that student would get practical and technical knowledge while pursuing the professional studies from any professional educational institutes along with the opportunity of college campus selection for getting good job opportunity. Industrial and agricultural sector should be promoted and modified by government in manner to attract people as a desiring working area.
Without doing some efforts, we cannot think of getting success in any field and this is proved in matter of the major issue of unemployment too. In spite of letting unemployment be the reason for down fall of the country, we should handle this issue in such manner that everyone gets a suitable job and helps in increasing the economy of country.
Long Essay on Unemployment
In this category, three essays are given with 400 and 600 words count and having detailed information about this burning issue of Unemployment in India. Both the essays are useful for students and other people of any age and are beneficial for those who are taken part in essay writing competition in the schools and colleges.
Unemployment Essay 4 (400 words)
Unemployment, the major concern, which is becoming the biggest barrier in development of our country, needs a strict and proper attention by all sectors of India including government or non government organizations. Unemployment has been the major problem in India since many years and affected many people physically and mentally. Most of the young age people, who have a professional degree, have to struggle for a good and suitable job for themselves due to under developed and inefficient education system and lack of vacancies in relevant sectors of major companies in India.
Causes and Affects:
Various causes are existed behind the failure of a person in getting a better job for him or her like:
- First of all the overpopulation of country, which brings the competition in all professional sectors.
- Ineffective education system, which fails in the proper development of a student as a professional employee with complete knowledge including theoretical information and practical experiences.
- Under developed rural areas from where people are moving towards the developed urban areas for finding a job or other professional career.
- Underdeveloped business sectors which are still not an attraction for students as a working place like agriculture field and cottage industries.
- Due to recession in major sector of business firms, the situation of removal of employees and unemployment occurs.
- Underemployment is the second version of unemployment which occurs in that situation when people fail to get a job of their own choice and have to compromise in terms of low salary or low level job according to their qualifications.
Effects and Results of unemployment:
Firstly unemployment becomes the reason of downfall of a country in terms of its economical situation and also encourages the criminal affairs. Due to being unemployed people are forced to take wrong decisions for the survival of family. Some time they got trapped in criminal occurrence and sometime went into a deep mental depression. The hazardous results come in case of unemployment when victim person or his/her family members are forced to commit suicide due to the poor financial condition of family because of unemployment.
Unemployment is the situation when people are unable to find a suitable job or any kind of other occupation for earning the monthly income needed for the survival of their family. It’s time for giving attention to this major issue of unemployment which can be the reason of destruction of a family and our country. Solutions are many but without doing efforts no problem can be solved thus it is our combined duty along with government to recover this critical situation of unemployment too in an efficient manner.
Unemployment Essay 5 (600 words)
India is a developing country and many social issues or problems are still becoming the reason of non development of our country, Unemployment is one of them which are one of the biggest crises in India. Unemployment is the situation when a qualified person could not able to get a suitable job for him. In India the problem of unemployment has been rapidly increasing in recent past years due to increased population and the major downfall in many business sectors. Recession in many business companies led the problem of unemployment and also affects many of the families whom survival depends on the monthly income getting from that company.
Difference between unemployment and Underemployment:
Unemployment or under employment are almost the same with a thin line difference like in case of underemployment, people have a source of earning in form of a job but not as per their qualification or education level. Low salary job for higher educated person is also comes under the category of under employment. Person who is able to do full time work but due to lack of resources or situation they are forced to do part time work also. These are the cases of underemployed people which is slight different from the situation of unemployed people.
Reason of unemployment in India:
Though many reasons led the problem of unemployment in India some are:
- Increased population: Due to increased population people could not able to get a job as various applicants apply for a same job.
- Education system: Ineffective and low quality education system providing theoretical knowledge prevents students to get practical and knowledgeable education which becomes the cause of unemployment in India.
- Lack of career opportunity: Major down fall in various sectors in India has less number of opportunities for the aspiring candidates.
- Lack of interest in industrial sector: Mostly youth generation are attracted towards a particular job profile and do not show the interest in industrial sector.
- Under employment: Migration of people from rural to urban areas to become the part of crowd, also lead the situation of unemployment.
- Preference to Experienced: Criteria of selecting candidates with having experience rather than fresher, this lead the problem of unemployment.
Impact of unemployment on people:
Problem of Unemployment in India gives birth to various other issues that are completely too hazardous for young generations, these are:
- Due to mental stress people came in to position of depression.
- Sometime they are forced to choose the way of crime and violence to get income for the survival of their family.
- To avoid the mental situation due to unemployment, people are haunted by bad habits of drugs and alcohol.
- Some time they are forced to commit suicide due to mental pressure.
How to recover from this problem:
To overcome this situation of unemployment in India various ways can be find out some of these are:
- Population should be controlled in manner to provide more job opportunities for limited people.
- Education system and quality of education in country’s professional institutes should be improved in order to provide technical and practical knowledge so that they can face the all situation in their professional career very efficiently.
- Government should focus on improvement of each and every sector individually especially agriculture so that people could not be forced to move from rural to urban areas for getting better job opportunities.
- Development of rural areas is required to prevent the migration of people from those places so that they can get the opportunity of job without moving from there.
National crisis of unemployment affects a huge population of India especially a youth generation who are the future leader of our country. Thus the result of unemployment comes in the form of non development of nation. Though government has taken too many steps regarding to remove this problem from India but still could not be able to get complete success. It’s time for people of India along with government to be come together and face this problem with unity.
Essay on Barriers to the Women Empowerment ...