Narrative Essay Ides
Here are 40 unique narrative essay topics to get you started with your narrative essay writing. Hope these topics will help you remember an event, a dream, a person or a day you feel you would like to write about. Choosing the right topic can be a real problem, but we are here to get you inspired. Think of the topic you would want to describe on your Facebook to share with your friends, something you really want to talk about. And check our examples!
- First Day at College
- The Moment of Success
- A Journey Through Hell
- The Biggest Misunderstanding
- The Difficult Decision
- The Trip of My Dreams
- The Day I Decided to Change My Life
- My Dad’s Influence on Me
- Learning to Fit in
- My First Day at Work
- Why I Started My Own Charity Project
- My Career Plan
- Why I Always Find Time to be with My Family
- My First Car
- My Best Friend
- Learning it Hard Way
- My Baby Teaches Me
- What I love about My City
- My Mom’s Childhood
- European Road Trip
- My Crazy Wedding Day
- Meeting Mr. Fisher
- The Old Creek
- When I realized I’m not a Kid Anymore
- My Grandma’s Hands
- The Person I will Never Forget
- Growing up in New York
- Driving Class
- Be My Audience
- Following a Dream
- My Sister
- A Disastrous Date
- I Didn’t Go to Her Funeral
- The Perfect Encounter
- The Strangest Job Interview
- My First Flight Ever
- The Lie That Destroyed One Life
- How I Made it in LA
- Lovely Britney Jones
- Surviving a Tornado
Still need ideas?
-Think of describing the person who changed your life, your views or beliefs, your career, your residence, your style, or the person you wish you never knew.
-Think of the place you dream to go to, you’ve been to, you never would want to go to, you lost something at, you lived at in the childhood, you are scared of.
-Describe the experience that brings you to tears, makes you smile, embarraces you, makes you feel on top of the world.
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.